Sunday, February 8, 2009

~learning wireline~

07022009

I'm a lead geologist now in Sepat 6 operation. After 2 times becoming trainee wellsite geologist, my boss trust me to become lead. In fact, he ask me to stay for 28 days here. I'm afraid at first, but since i already been at the rig twice I am confident enough to do it. Why not, if my boss trust me, I must confident that I can do it, prove him right.

So, basicaly the operation is more or less the same. I identify cuttings to know what is exactly the formations are. QC the mudlog. Pick up formation tops and witness logging. This is the part i like most, witness wireline logging. Eventhough it is tiring, but it is something interesting to learn. Besides the cute engineers....(oooopppps). I always have sumthing for engineers. hehehe.

Learning wireline is interesting as you got to learn about the formation evaluation. I just like it especially MDT. Though it will take most of your time, but the fact that you can really know sumthing downhole is interesting. The engineers are very co-operative if you know how to communicate with them. This time i learn about new equipment called MDT quicksilver. Eventhough, it was not run, but basically I know the idea about it. The experience is a good one.

I hope to stay more days here and monitor more wireline logging. I just starting the life working offshore coz u can gain a lot of experince here.

Till then,
Natasha.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're loving your job..and those cute engineers..eheheh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think im an engineer=)
    does that make me cute?
    =)=)=)

    ReplyDelete